Course Code: HOSP400 Course ID: 4115 Credit Hours: 3 Level: Undergraduate
The focus is on service delivery and methods for implementation and improvements within the service delivery process. Special emphasis will be placed on management and supervision techniques in service quality along with steps in critical evaluating and implementing a quality service plan within hospitality based organizations.
|Registration Dates||Course Dates||Session||Weeks|
|12/28/20 - 06/04/21||06/07/21 - 08/01/21||Spring 2021 Session D||8 Week session|
|02/22/21 - 07/30/21||08/02/21 - 09/26/21||Summer 2021 Session I||8 Week session|
|04/26/21 - 10/01/21||10/04/21 - 11/28/21||Fall 2021 Session B||8 Week session|
After successfully completing this course, you will be able to:
1. From a procedural and personal perspective, apply the six steps to providing quality customer service to four distinct types of service.
2. Assess the effectiveness of a given customer service scenario, as it relates to personal service, and customer satisfaction.
3. Evaluate tools used to measure achievement of customer value expectations.
4. Differentiate the value of various techniques used to obtain customer feedback.
5. Assess the effect a top level Quality Service plan has on customer loyalty.
|Discussion Forums||30.00 %|
|Week 1 Forum||3.75 %|
|Week 2 Forum||3.75 %|
|Week 3 Forum||3.75 %|
|Week 4 Forum||3.75 %|
|Week 5 Forum||3.75 %|
|Week 6 Forum||3.75 %|
|Week 7 Forum||3.75 %|
|Week 8 Forum||3.75 %|
|Assignment Week 1: Quality Customer Service||10.00 %|
|Assignment Week 3: Personal Service||10.00 %|
|Assignment Week 5: Customer Quality Expectations||10.00 %|
|Assignment Week 8: Final Gold Standard Essay||15.00 %|
|Quiz 1 - Week 2||6.25 %|
|Quiz 2 - Week 5||6.25 %|
|Quiz 3 - Week 6||6.25 %|
|Quiz 4 - Week 8||6.25 %|
Textbook in APA format:
Martin, William B. Quality Service: What every hospitality manager needs to know. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall.
The VitalSource e-book is provided via the APUS Bookstore.
Please visit http://apus.libguides.com/bookstore for more information.
Required Readings – As assigned, see Weekly Lessons and Forum Postings
Additional Resources and Websites – See Weekly Lessons
|Book Title:||Quality Service : What Every Hospitality Manager Needs to Know - the VitalSource e-book is provided inside the classroom|
|Author:||Martin, William B.|
|Electronic Unit Cost:||$35.00|
Not current for future courses.