Course Code: HOSP321 Course ID: 2941 Credit Hours: 3 Level: Undergraduate
A comprehensive review of marketing in the hospitality industry; restaurants, hotels, planned play, theme parks and convention centers, based upon customer satisfaction and the customer’s perspective. Students will identify best practices in marketing, analyze the market, and assess consumer behavior, offerings, price, and promotion strategies.
|Registration Dates||Course Dates||Session||Weeks|
|09/28/20 - 02/26/21||03/01/21 - 04/25/21||Winter 2021 Session D||8 Week session|
|11/30/20 - 04/30/21||05/03/21 - 06/27/21||Spring 2021 Session I||8 Week session|
After successfully completing this course, you will be able to:
- Explain how changes in the demographic and economic environments affect marketing
- Interpret whether a company utilizes product-oriented or customer-oriented marketing
- Analyze the effectiveness of the market segmentation strategy of a company
- Describe how a service culture can be created within a business
- Evaluate internal marketing concepts that support overall marketing strategy
- Prepare a marketing plan for a service industry
|Book Title:||Various resources from Trefry Library and/or the Open Web are used. Links provided inside the classroom.|
Not current for future courses.