Course Code: HOSP311 Course ID: 2952 Credit Hours: 3 Level: Undergraduate
A study of club management that includes many different forms of clubs in existence around the world today: health, golf, leisure, professional, and other forms of clubs. The course focuses on all aspects of social, physical, and business issues associated with club management
|Registration Dates||Course Dates||Session||Weeks|
|01/25/21 - 07/02/21||07/05/21 - 08/29/21||Summer 2021 Session B||8 Week session|
|04/26/21 - 10/01/21||10/04/21 - 11/28/21||Fall 2021 Session B||8 Week session|
After successfully completing this course, you will be able to:
- Define the nature, ownership, and types of clubs
- Develop a strategic plan for a private club
- Evaluate recruitment, selection, and orientation tasks for staffing a club
- Evaluate the purpose and activities of a club in relation to the purpose and membership of the club
- Analyze the financial performance of a club.
The VitalSource e-book is provided via the APUS Bookstore.
Please visit http://apus.libguides.com/bookstore for more information.
Required Readings – As assigned, see Weekly Lessons and Forum Postings
Additional Resources and Websites – See Weekly Lessons
|Book Title:||Club Management: The Management of Private Membership Clubs - e-book available in the APUS Online Library.|
|Publication Info:||Goodfellow Publishers|
|Book Title:||Various resources from the APUS Library & the Open Web are used. Please visit http://apus.libguides.com/er.php to locate the course eReserve.*|
Not current for future courses.