Course Code: HOSP309 Course ID: 4117 Credit Hours: 3 Level: Undergraduate
A practical insight into servicing different kinds of meetings and conventions, the types of organizations that stage such events, and the people who hold the key to site selection, and implementation is the focus. Convention management is presented in a way that prepares the student for real-world experiences in planning, selling and servicing meetings and conventions.
|Registration Dates||Course Dates||Session||Weeks|
|01/25/21 - 07/02/21||07/05/21 - 08/29/21||Summer 2021 Session B||8 Week session|
|04/26/21 - 10/01/21||10/04/21 - 11/28/21||Fall 2021 Session B||8 Week session|
After successfully completing this course, you will be able to:
- Determine client and attendee needs and resources based on shared attributes as well as individual characteristics of organizations within major market groups and subgroups
- Evaluate a marketing plan based on components and thoroughness.
- Evaluate preparation for contract negotiation in convention sales and service.
- Analyze purpose and functions of convention elements, including food, room arrangement, technology, services, and security.
- Create a document to provide guidelines and training for correct performance of convention sales and management stewardship
|Forum Posts||40.00 %|
|Week 1 Introduction||5.00 %|
|Week 2 forum||5.00 %|
|Week 3 forum||5.00 %|
|Week 4 forum||5.00 %|
|Week 5 forum||5.00 %|
|Week 6 forum||5.00 %|
|Week 7 forum||5.00 %|
|Week 8 forum||5.00 %|
|Week 4 Assignment: Contracts||6.67 %|
|Week 2 Assignment: Selling to Groups||6.67 %|
|Week 3 Assignment: Marketing Plan Assessment||6.67 %|
|Week 5 Assignment: Case Study||6.67 %|
|Week 6 Assignment: Planning Food Service||6.67 %|
|Extra Credit: Week 4 Resource Review||3.33 %|
|Extra Credit: Sharing Forum||3.33 %|
|Final Project||20.00 %|
|Term Project: Mentoring a Planner||19.51 %|
|Week 3: Term Project Focus||0.49 %|
|Week 2 forum||0.00 %|
The VitalSource e-book is provided via the APUS Bookstore.
Please visit http://apus.libguides.com/bookstore for more information.
Required Readings – As assigned, see Weekly Lessons and Forum Postings
Additional Resources and Websites – See Weekly Lessons
|Book Title:||Various resources from the APUS Library & the Open Web are used. Please visit http://apus.libguides.com/er.php to locate the course eReserve.|
|Author:||No Author Specified|
Not current for future courses.