Please join the forums each week. Replies must be posted in the week due and replies after the end of each week will not be graded. The Forums are for student interaction and input should be submitted before the week ends in order to fully participate in the discussions. Students should demonstrate their own knowledge in the forums and avoid copying and pasting from websites.
• Post the initial response to each forum by 11:55pm, ET, Thursday.
• Initial responses should be no less than 300 words.
• Initial responses are to be original in content and demonstrate a thorough analysis of the topic.
• Reply to at least 2 of your classmates in each forum by 11:55pm, ET, Sunday.
• Replies to classmates should be no less than 200 words.
• Responses to classmates are significant to advance the forum.
• All forums can be accessed in the Forums section of the course.
Weekly activities are designed to engage you in solving or addressing real-world problems or scenarios. Specific instructions and submission instructions are provided within the Assignments area of the course. Please note that all written work will be evaluated against the standards within the Graduate Level Writing Rubric. Please take time to review these standards during Week 1. Should you have any questions about how your work will be evaluated in this course, please contact your instructor promptly.
Graduate Level Writing Rubric
Course Project – Research Proposal
You will develop a Research Proposal in response to a specific grant opportunity. There are specific elements that are required in your proposal:
I. Impact: Introduction, Purpose Statement of Need, Objectives or specific aims
II. Methodology: Research design, research methods, statistical analysis
III. Feasibility: Organization/Management Plan, Personnel, and Timetable, Costs
IV. Evaluation: Measurement for Success, Intended Distribution
Details about the specific grant and further instructions can be found in the Assignments area of the course. Your final submission will be 8-10 pages, which does not include the cover page and reference page.
Please note that written work should adhere to APA format; see the Citation and Reference Style policy information within the Policies section of the syllabus for further information. Your Research Proposal will be evaluated against the Graduate Level Writing Rubric.