Course Code: EVSP696 Course ID: 4931 Credit Hours: 3 Level: Graduate
This course gives students the opportunity to address real-world issues relevant to their profession, plan and execute a project, and contribute to their discipline while developing mastery of selected skills. Capstone projects may originate from a wide variety of options such as standard operating procedures, training manuals, comprehensive land management plans, designing sustainable communities, communication plans, remediation site plans, proposals for changes to environmental regulations, or other environmental policy and management solutions. The capstone project option is suggested for students wishing to terminate their formal studies with the MS degree, and who have an interest in the application of solutions to real-world concerns. The format will be proposed by the student and approved by the instructor. The capstone project must demonstrate originality and will follow the style requirements set by the department. NOTE: This is intended to be the final course in the degree program. Students must have a 3.0 GPA to enroll. This course is 16 weeks in length. (Prerequisites: EVSP601)
|Registration Dates||Course Dates||Session||Weeks|
|08/31/20 - 01/29/21||02/01/21 - 05/23/21||Winter 2021 Session K||16 Week session|
After successfully completing this course, you will be able to:
- LO-1 Demonstrate understanding of environmental policy and management topics.
- LO-2 Analyze the social, ecological, and economic barriers to the implementation of sustainable environmental practices and programs.
- LO-3 Synthesize existing projects and scholarly literature surrounding the proposed project topic.
- LO-4 Assess the direct and indirect costs of environmental policy and management solutions.
- LO-5 Evaluate likelihood of implementation of the proposed project considering social, ecological, and economic conditions.
- LO-6 Demonstrate professional communication skills.
|Forum 1||0.63 %|
|Forum 2||0.63 %|
|Forum 3||0.63 %|
|Forum 4||0.63 %|
|Forum 5||0.63 %|
|Forum 6||0.63 %|
|Forum 7||0.63 %|
|Forum 8||0.63 %|
|Forum 9||0.63 %|
|Forum 10||0.63 %|
|Forum 11||0.63 %|
|Forum 12||0.63 %|
|Forum 13||0.63 %|
|Forum 14||0.63 %|
|Forum 15||0.63 %|
|Forum 16||0.63 %|
|Project Presentation||10.00 %|
|Final Capstone||80.00 %|
Readings will be identified in the Lessons area of the classroom and include library and web-based resources.
Additional Resources: Please go to the program guides in the APUS Library for additional resources:
Environmental Policy and Management http://apus.campusguides.com/environmental_policy_management?hs=a
- Microsoft Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint) - American Public University System provides Microsoft Office 365 to AMU/APU students and faculty at no cost
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
|Book Title:||Various resources from the APUS Library & the Open Web are used. Please visit http://apus.libguides.com/er.php to locate the course eReserve.*|
Not current for future courses.