Course Code: EVSP640 Course ID: 4657 Credit Hours: 3 Level: Graduate
This course will focus on in-depth writing of the Affected Environment, Environmental Consequences, and the Executive Summary sections of an EIS. The completed Final Draft EIS (DEIS) from the Intermediate and Advanced Environmental Impact Analysis courses combined as the final product for this course. Prerequisite: EVSP639
After successfully completing this course, you will be able to:
- LO-1 Prepare a Finding of No Significant Impact (FONSI) or a Record of Decision (ROD).
- LO-2 Describe methods to integrate NEPA into the decision making process.
- LO-3 Prepare an Administrative Record for an Environmental Assessment (EA) or Environmental Impact Statement (EIS).
- LO-4 Analyze a Programmatic EA or EIS.
- LO-5 Construct a supplemental or tiered analysis for an EA or EIS.
- LO-6 Calculate GHG Emissions for an EIS.
- LO-7 Prepare a Cumulative Effects Analysis.
|Forum 1||3.00 %|
|Forum 2||3.00 %|
|Forum 3||3.00 %|
|Forum 4||3.00 %|
|Forum 5||3.00 %|
|Forum 6||3.00 %|
|Forum 7||3.00 %|
|Forum 8||3.00 %|
|Assignment 1 Prepare a Record of Decision (ROD) for your DEIS from EVSP639||10.00 %|
|Assignment 2 Prepare an Administrative Record (AR) for Your DEIS from EVSP639||10.00 %|
|Assignment 3 Critique of a Programmatic EA or EIS||10.00 %|
|Assignment 4 Construct a Tiered Analysis for an EA or EIS||10.00 %|
|Assignment 5 Calculate GHG Emissions for an EIS||10.00 %|
|Final Project||26.00 %|
|Assignment 6 Final Project: Prepare a Cumulative Effects Analysis||26.00 %|
Required Readings - See the Lessons for additional readings and weekly lecture notes
Additional Resources: Please go to the Environmental Policy & Management | Program Guide: Home in the APUS Library for additional resources:
- Microsoft Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
|Book Title:||There are no required books for this course.|
Not current for future courses.