Course Code: EVSP503 Course ID: 2747 Credit Hours: 3 Level: Graduate
This course is a study of the major legal, regulatory, and policy framework that encompasses environmental programs and projects in the United States and with international political, commercial, and non-governmental institutions. The primary learning approach used in this course will be case studies.
|Registration Dates||Course Dates||Session||Weeks|
|11/30/20 - 04/30/21||05/03/21 - 06/27/21||Spring 2021 Session I||8 Week session|
|12/28/20 - 06/04/21||06/07/21 - 08/01/21||Spring 2021 Session D||8 Week session|
|01/25/21 - 07/02/21||07/05/21 - 08/29/21||Summer 2021 Session B||8 Week session|
|02/22/21 - 07/30/21||08/02/21 - 09/26/21||Summer 2021 Session I||8 Week session|
|03/29/21 - 09/03/21||09/06/21 - 10/31/21||Summer 2021 Session D||8 Week session|
After successfully completing this course, you will be able to
- LO-1 Analyze the major legal, regulatory, and policy framework of environmental programs and projects in the United States.
- LO-2 Differentiate U.S. environmental policies and regulations with those of other countries.
- LO-3 Critique international political, commercial, and non-governmental institutions with regards to environmental issues.
- LO-4 Assess the environmental issues and principles in legal case studies.
- LO-5 Examine key terms, approaches, and concepts of environmental policy, laws, and regulation.
- LO-6 Assess environmental policy, laws, and regulations in the management, government, science, and engineering disciplines.
- LO-7 Distinguish the U.S. involvement in international environmental policy.
- LO-8 Use published information to achieve learning objectives.
Your final grade will be based on the following course requirements:
|Forum 1||3.00 %|
|Forum 2||3.00 %|
|Forum 3||3.00 %|
|Forum 4||3.00 %|
|Forum 5||3.00 %|
|Forum 6||3.00 %|
|Forum 7||3.00 %|
|Forum 8||3.00 %|
|1 Environmental Theory and Law||7.00 %|
|2 Environmental Policy and Procedures||7.00 %|
|3 Air Pollution Regulations||7.00 %|
|4 Air Pollution Permits||7.00 %|
|5 Water Pollution Regulations||7.00 %|
|6 Contamination and Risk Assessment||7.00 %|
|7 Coastal Zone Management||7.00 %|
|8 International Environmental Regulations||7.00 %|
|Final Paper||20.00 %|
|Final Paper||20.00 %|
See the Lessons section of the classroom for additional readings and weekly lecture notes
Additional Resources: Please go to the program guides in the APUS Library for additional resources:
- Environmental Policy and Management: http://apus.campusguides.com/environmental_policy_management?hs=a
- Microsoft Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint) - American Public University System provides Microsoft Office 365 to AMU/APU students and faculty at no cost
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
|Book Title:||There are no required books for this course.|
|Author:||No Author Specified|
Not current for future courses.