Course Code: ENTR625 Course ID: 4581 Credit Hours: 3 Level: Graduate
This course examines financial strategies needed to support a small business. Topics addressed include managing the cash cycle, seed and venture capital, cost of capital and capital structure, entry strategies such as franchising and acquisition, self-funding, debt financing, angel investors, and financing from venture capital firms.
|Registration Dates||Course Dates||Session||Weeks|
|11/30/20 - 04/30/21||05/03/21 - 06/27/21||Spring 2021 Session I||8 Week session|
|12/28/20 - 06/04/21||06/07/21 - 08/01/21||Spring 2021 Session D||8 Week session|
|02/22/21 - 07/30/21||08/02/21 - 09/26/21||Summer 2021 Session I||8 Week session|
- Differentiate the context, concepts, and processes related to funding a small business.
- Determine financial needs of your venture.
- Differentiate from different types of funding available for small businesses.
- Utilize financial statements to create financial models for scenario analysis.
- Examine the feasibility of your venture concept.
- Develop forecasting techniques to monitor the success of your venture.
- Formulate funding options that support the strategy and goals of your small business.
|Week 1 Forum||3.33 %|
|Week 2 Forum||3.33 %|
|Week 3 Forum||3.33 %|
|Week 4 Forum||3.33 %|
|Week 5 Forum||3.33 %|
|Week 6 Forum||3.33 %|
|Week 7 Forum||3.33 %|
|Week 8 Forum||3.33 %|
|Assignment 1 â?? Opportunity Cost||6.67 %|
|Assignment 2 â?? SWOT Analysis||6.67 %|
|Assignment 3 â?? Financial Statements and Ratios||6.67 %|
|Assignment 4 â?? Profitability and Break-Even||6.67 %|
|Assignment 5 â?? Pro Forma Income Statements||6.67 %|
|Assignment 7 â?? Costs in Capital Budgeting||6.67 %|
|Summative - Funding Plan||30.00 %|
|Assignment 8 â?? Summative - Funding Plan||30.00 %|
|Book Title:||Strategic Entrepreneurial Finance : From Value Creation to Realization (Ebook available through the APUS Online Library)|
|Publication Info:||Taylor and Francis|
Not current for future courses.