Course Code: ENTR427 Course ID: 4857 Credit Hours: 3 Level: Undergraduate
Creating a new venture offers unique challenges. Indeed, innovation and advances in technology are prevalent, and technological innovation leads to competitive advantage. Students are introduced to the challenges of new technology that include: the complexity of intellectual property and sources of funding. This course includes an application of integrating technology into a venture.
|Registration Dates||Course Dates||Session||Weeks|
|08/31/20 - 01/29/21||02/01/21 - 03/28/21||Winter 2021 Session I||8 Week session|
|10/26/20 - 04/02/21||04/05/21 - 05/30/21||Spring 2021 Session B||8 Week session|
|12/28/20 - 06/04/21||06/07/21 - 08/01/21||Spring 2021 Session D||8 Week session|
- Explain the challenges of innovative technology.
- Distinguish innovative technology from non-innovative technology for competitive advantage.
- Apply one legal procedure to protect your intellectual property.
- Determine the technological innovation needs for your venture.
- Evaluate funding sources entrepreneurs can access for technology needs.
- Determine the best strategy for your venture to acquire and implement technology needs.
|Forum 1||4.29 %|
|Forum 2||4.29 %|
|Forum 4||4.29 %|
|Forum 5||4.29 %|
|Forum 7||4.29 %|
|Forum 8||4.29 %|
|Week 1 Assignment: Survey||6.67 %|
|Week 2 Assignment: Adoption Response||6.67 %|
|Week 3 Assignment: Protect Your IP||6.67 %|
|Week 4 Assignment: Technology Assumptions||6.67 %|
|Week 5 Assignment: Technological Needs||6.67 %|
|Week 6 Assignment: Technology Acquisition Analysis||6.67 %|
|Summative Final Project||30.00 %|
|Week 8 Assignment: Summative Final Project||30.00 %|
|Book Title:||Various resources from the APUS Library & the Open Web are used. Please visit http://apus.libguides.com/er.php to locate the course eReserve.*|
|Book Title:||Technology Entrepreneurship: Taking Innovation to the Marketplace, 2nd ed. - e-book available in the APUS Online Library, link provided in the classroom Lessons section.|
Not current for future courses.