Course Code: ENTR425 Course ID: 4576 Credit Hours: 3 Level: Undergraduate
This is a critical operations course integrating Excel (or equivalent spreadsheet software) to formulate crucial numbers. Students learn about strategy, budgeting, cash conversion, cash considerations, analyze costs, analyze financial and operating ratios, and plan for internal controls. A working knowledge of spreadsheet software is expected. NOTE: This course uses spreadsheet software. (Prerequisite: ENTR311)
|Registration Dates||Course Dates||Session||Weeks|
|11/30/20 - 04/30/21||05/03/21 - 06/27/21||Spring 2021 Session I||8 Week session|
|01/25/21 - 07/02/21||07/05/21 - 08/29/21||Summer 2021 Session B||8 Week session|
|03/29/21 - 09/03/21||09/06/21 - 10/31/21||Summer 2021 Session D||8 Week session|
- Calculate cost savings for operational efficiency in areas of improvement.
- Differentiate various internal controls to help save money, improve operations, and convert sales to cash.
- Analyze cash control measures that improve cash inflow and outflow in the business.
- Evaluate the difference between a large publicly held business and a small business.
- Assess methods to implement outstanding customer service.
- Evaluate the process to properly organize the small business for maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
- Integrate planning and budgeting for organizational effectiveness.
|Week 1 Forum||3.33 %|
|Week 2 Forum||3.33 %|
|Week 3 Forum||3.33 %|
|Week 4 Forum||3.33 %|
|Week 5 Forum||3.33 %|
|Week 6 Forum||3.33 %|
|Week 7 Forum||3.33 %|
|Week 8 Forum||3.33 %|
|Week 1 Strategy||10.00 %|
|Week 7 IT Controls||10.00 %|
|Case Study||20.00 %|
|Week 8 Organization Structure||20.00 %|
|Excel Assignments||30.00 %|
|Week 2 Planning & Budgeting||7.50 %|
|Week 4 Cash Conversion||7.50 %|
|Week 5 Analyzing Costs||7.50 %|
|Week 6 Financial and Operating Ratios||7.50 %|
|Book Title:||Various resources from the APUS Library & the Open Web are used. Please visit http://apus.libguides.com/er.php to locate the course eReserve.*|
Not current for future courses.