Course Code: ENTR410 Course ID: 4573 Credit Hours: 3 Level: Undergraduate
This course provides detailed budgeting and money management tools to start and grow a new venture. Many entrepreneurs have charismatic leadership and vision, but underestimate the importance of the ability to manage the money coming and going out of the organization. Cash deficits can cripple a company, so it is imperative entrepreneurs understand the drivers of good cash flow and strong profitability. This course enables the student entrepreneur to gain practical knowledge with the cash flow statement, forecasting, pro forma statements, profit and profitability, break-even, budgeting, and working capital. NOTE: This course uses spreadsheet software. (Prerequisites: ACCT105 and ENTR311)
|Registration Dates||Course Dates||Session||Weeks|
|11/30/20 - 04/30/21||05/03/21 - 06/27/21||Spring 2021 Session I||8 Week session|
|01/25/21 - 07/02/21||07/05/21 - 08/29/21||Summer 2021 Session B||8 Week session|
|03/29/21 - 09/03/21||09/06/21 - 10/31/21||Summer 2021 Session D||8 Week session|
- Prepare the three major financial statements for your venture in your spreadsheet software and confirm the importance and purpose of each one.
- Determine financing needs and designing pro forma financial statements.
- Examine the importance of the budget process and using spreadsheet software to manage and develop it.
- Assess profitability via break even analysis and beyond.
- Analyze the process of managing assets and tracking inventory.
- Determine the best strategy for setting prices and making key cost decisions.
- Evaluate risk exposures for entrepreneurs and the ways to manage that risk.
- Investigate pension options, employee benefits options and estate planning needs for the entrepreneur.
|Forum 1||5.56 %|
|Forum 2||5.56 %|
|Forum 3||5.56 %|
|Forum 4||5.56 %|
|Forum 5||5.56 %|
|Forum 6||5.56 %|
|Forum 7||5.56 %|
|Forum 8||5.56 %|
|Week 1 Cash Flows Statement||7.14 %|
|Week 2 Start-up Costs||7.14 %|
|Week 3 Pro Forma Cash Flows||7.14 %|
|Week 4 Break-Even Analysis||7.14 %|
|Week 5 Project Profitability||7.14 %|
|Week 7 Managing Risk||7.14 %|
|Week 8 Retirement||7.14 %|
|Book Title:||Entrepreneurial Finance: Concepts and Cases, 1st ed. - e-book available in the APUS Online Library|
|Book Title:||Various resources from the APUS Library & the Open Web are used. Please visit http://apus.libguides.com/er.php to locate the course eReserve.*|
Not current for future courses.