Course Code: ENTR200 Course ID: 4565 Credit Hours: 3 Level: Undergraduate
This course outlines appropriate processes to evaluate potential employees. This course was designed and developed to guide students through recruiting, advertisement planning, and hiring the most qualified applicants. Students research comparable pay rates and the cost of compensation for employees, learn of the most effective methods for motivating employees, and learn about employment law.
|Registration Dates||Course Dates||Session||Weeks|
|11/30/20 - 04/30/21||05/03/21 - 06/27/21||Spring 2021 Session I||8 Week session|
|01/25/21 - 07/02/21||07/05/21 - 08/29/21||Summer 2021 Session B||8 Week session|
|03/29/21 - 09/03/21||09/06/21 - 10/31/21||Summer 2021 Session D||8 Week session|
- Identify appropriate processes to evaluate potential employees.
- Summarize employment laws.
- Discuss the most effective methods to motivate employees.
- Compute the costs associated with hiring and retaining an employee.
- Apply leadership principles to design a benefits plan for employees.
- Construct a recruitment and advertisement plan that supports hiring the most qualified applicants.
- Construct a training program for various levels of positions within the business to meet strategic planning and goals.
- Determine an effective employment offer that is attractive to the potential employee and protects the employer.
|Forum Intro||7.14 %|
|Forum Job Analysis||7.14 %|
|Forum Employee Type||7.14 %|
|Forum Pay Rates||7.14 %|
|Forum Benefits||7.14 %|
|Forum Hiring||7.14 %|
|Forum The Offer||7.14 %|
|Week 1 Assignment - Specific Position||7.14 %|
|Week 2 Assignment - Job Description||7.14 %|
|Week 3 Assignment - Specific Laws||7.14 %|
|Week 4 Assignment - Pay Rate and Benefits||7.14 %|
|Week 6 Assignment - Interview Questions||7.14 %|
|Week 7 Assignment - Offer Letter||7.14 %|
|Week 8 Assignment - Training Process||7.14 %|
|Book Title:||Various resources from the APUS Library & the Open Web are used. Please visit http://apus.libguides.com/er.php to locate the course eReserve.*|
|Book Title:||HR for Small Business: From Hiring to Firing and Everything In Between - e-book available in the APUS Online Library|
|Book Title:||The Manager's Legal Handbook - e-book available in the APUS Online Library|
Not current for future courses.