Please join the forums each week. Students must post a reply to both weekly forums and reply to at least 2 other students for each Forum. This means that each week you should have 2 initial posts and 4 responsive posts. Replies must be posted in the week due and replies after the end of the each week will not be graded. The Forums are for student interaction and input should be submitted before the week ends in order to fully participate in the discussions. Students should demonstrate their own knowledge in the forums and avoid copying and pasting from websites.
- Post the initial response to each forum by 11:55pm, ET, Wednesday.
- Initial responses should be no less than 300 words.
- Initial responses are to be original in content and demonstrate a thorough analysis of the topic.
- Reply to at least 2 of your classmates in each forum by 11:55pm, ET, Sunday.
- Replies to classmates should be no less than 150 words.
- Responses to classmates are significant to advance the forum.
- All forums can be accessed in the Forums section of the course.
Homework Assignments (Obj. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Throughout the semester you will write responses to questions. These responses will involve analyses of readings, comparing and contrasting the views of various authors, and critique of arguments presented by the readings or the class. Papers will be graded for accuracy of interpretation, rigor of argument, and clarity of expression. Papers should be 2 – 4 pages in length unless otherwise noted.
Course Project (Obj. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5) (Field Experience Activity—Add to Log)
Candidates will evaluate the current technology plans in their organizations. The students will:
- Obtain a copy of the campus technology plan
- Evaluate the plan using the provided tool.
- Describe the strengths of the plan: curricular, professional development, organizational management.
- Describe the weaknesses of the plan: curricular, professional development, organizational management.
- Support your identification of strengths and weaknesses with current research that explains why they are doing well or need improvement.
- Interview the administrator and a minimum of three teachers regarding the plan. Determine the following:
- Does the staff know what the technology plan says?
- Is the vision of the plan clear?
- How is the technology plan communicated to the staff?
- Who participates in the evaluation of the plan and how often?
- Does the plan actually drive the decision making process when it comes to technology and implementation?
- Analyze the evaluation plan that assesses technology implementation.
- Create a paper and presentation of the information above.
The paper should be written following APA guidelines and should be a minimum of 6 pages. You should have references that support your findings (i.e. the interviews and the technology plan as well as references to support your findings of strengths and weaknesses). This is a professional paper written to report your findings and should not be written in first person. Assume the superintendent will be reading this paper (that is your target audience).
The presentation must include both audio and video. The video can be a presentation tool, such as PowerPoint, but you must have audio. This presentation should be developed as if you are sharing your findings with a school board. You should provide all of the information from the paper (respecting the privacy of the people you interview) and you should present the information professionally and concisely. You may choose any technology tool at your disposal as long as I can access the materials. If you choose any type of video presentation tool, YouTube is the best method for sharing videos.
How do I upload a video to my classroom using Kaltura?