Course Code: DEFM421 Course ID: 4639 Credit Hours: 3 Level: Undergraduate
This course develops skills for contracting support provided to Joint Forces across the full spectrum of military and disaster relief operations. Exercises focus on unique aspects of contingency, critical thinking skills, and the execution of appropriate contractual instruments.
|Registration Dates||Course Dates||Session||Weeks|
|11/30/20 - 04/30/21||05/03/21 - 06/27/21||Spring 2021 Session I||8 Week session|
|02/22/21 - 07/30/21||08/02/21 - 09/26/21||Summer 2021 Session I||8 Week session|
After successfully completing this course, students will fulfill the following Learning Objectives (LO):
1. Explain contingency contracting authorities and structure.
2. Explain the command and contracting lines of authority.
3. Explain the contingency contracting officer’s authority and command flow of that authority.
4. Explain the conditions of when contracting authority can change.
5. Explain the head of contracting activity (HCA) responsibilities.
6. Explain the senior contracting official (SCO) responsibilities.
7. Explain the contingency contract officer (CCO) and contracting officer representative (COR) responsibilities.
8. Explain the Joint Theater Support Contracting Command (JTSCC).
Please see the Student Handbook to reference the University’s grading scale.
|Wk 1 - Introductions||2.00 %|
|Wk 1 Forum Discussion||2.00 %|
|Wk 2 Forum Discussion||4.00 %|
|Wk 3 Forum Discussion||4.00 %|
|Wk 4 Forum Discussion||4.00 %|
|Wk 5 Forum Discussion||4.00 %|
|Wk 6 Forum Discussion||4.00 %|
|Wk 7 Forum Discussion||4.00 %|
|Wk 8 Forum Discussion||4.00 %|
|Paper Assignments||32.00 %|
|Week 2 Short Paper #1||8.00 %|
|Week 3 Short Paper # 2||8.00 %|
|Week 4: Short Paper # 3||8.00 %|
|Week 6: Short Paper # 4||8.00 %|
|Research Paper||36.00 %|
|Week 7: Research Paper||36.00 %|
Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) located at http://www.acquisition.gov/far/index.html
Universal Commercial Code (UCC) located at http://www.law.cornell.edu/ucc
In the Course Materials folder there are PowerPoint presentations, leadership articles, and up to date APA handouts.
Netlibrary—you can read directly online. Note, printing is one page at a time and, depending on number of users at any one time, you may be locked out. http://ezproxy.apus.edu/login?url=http://www.netlibrary.com/urlapi.asp?action=summary&v=1&bookid=224414
In addition to the required course texts the following public domain Websites are useful. Please abide by the university’s academic honesty policy when using Internet sources as well. Note web site addresses are subject to change.
The OWL at Purdue
APA Style Homepage
|Book Title:||Various resources from the APUS Library & the Open Web are used. Please visit http://apus.libguides.com/er.php to locate the course eReserve.*|
Not current for future courses.