Course Code: BUSN652 Course ID: 4633 Credit Hours: 3 Level: Graduate
This course is designed to develop the skills that will allow students to create safe and efficient quality healthcare systems through an understanding of the quality management cycle, goal-setting, and goal obtainment metrics. Topics include creating satisfied patients, high quality service, efficient processes, and examining tools used within the field. (Prerequisite: BUSN650)
After successfully completing this course, you will be able to
1. Assess the quality drivers most important to healthcare stakeholders, including payers and consumers
2. Use proper techniques for gathering and effectively analyzing healthcare performance measurement data
3. Distinguish new technology-based tools that will improve the patient experience
4. Assess techniques that organizational leaders and improvement project teams must implement to accomplish quality goals
5. Apply methods for redesigning healthcare processes to achieve more reliable performance
|Discussion Forums||25.00 %|
|Week 2 Forum||3.13 %|
|Week 3 Forum||3.13 %|
|Week 4 Forum||3.13 %|
|Week 5 Forum||3.13 %|
|Week 6 Forum||3.13 %|
|Week 7 Forum||3.13 %|
|Week 8 Forum||3.13 %|
|Week 1 Homework||9.38 %|
|Week 2 Homework||9.38 %|
|Week 3 Homework||9.38 %|
|Week 4 Homework||9.38 %|
|Week 5 Homework||9.38 %|
|Week 6 Homework||9.38 %|
|Week 7 Homework||9.38 %|
|Week 8 Homework||9.38 %|
Please see additional information about accessing e-books here http://apus.libanswers.com/coursematerials/faq/2225 and in the Course Materials section under Lessons.
In addition to the required course texts, the following public domain web sites are useful.
Please abide by the university’s academic honesty policy when using Internet sources as well.
Note web site addresses are subject to change.
American Psychological Association (APA) Style Website
Purdue Online Writing Lab
YouTube Video on Formatting an APA Style Paper
Microsoft Office Training Website
YouTube Videos on Microsoft Excel for Beginners
Not current for future courses.