Course Code: BUSN333 Course ID: 3901 Credit Hours: 3 Level: Undergraduate
This course focuses on project requirements as the basis for managing development life cycles. Students learn to define project cycle time, measure and estimate project efforts, and set priorities.
|Registration Dates||Course Dates||Session||Weeks|
|08/31/20 - 01/29/21||02/01/21 - 03/28/21||Winter 2021 Session I||8 Week session|
|09/28/20 - 02/26/21||03/01/21 - 04/25/21||Winter 2021 Session D||8 Week session|
|10/26/20 - 04/02/21||04/05/21 - 05/30/21||Spring 2021 Session B||8 Week session|
|11/30/20 - 04/30/21||05/03/21 - 06/27/21||Spring 2021 Session I||8 Week session|
|12/28/20 - 06/04/21||06/07/21 - 08/01/21||Spring 2021 Session D||8 Week session|
A successful student will fulfill the following learning objectives:
1. Define an effective requirements process for a project
2. Set requirements priorities
3. Estimate requirements efforts
4. Determine if the project will have value to the organization
5. Communicate across business and technical boundaries
- Click on the required reading link
Microsoft Word 97 – 2003 – 2007 or newer.
Adobe Reader -- Go to http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html to download the latest version. This download is free.
In addition to the required course texts, the following public domain websites and video links are useful. Please abide by the university’s academic honesty policy when using Internet sources. Note website and video addresses are subject to change.
- American Psychological Association (APA) Style Website
- Purdue Online Writing Lab
- YouTube Video on Formatting an APA Style Paper
- Microsoft Office Training Website
- YouTube Videos on Microsoft Excel for Beginners
- Needles, Powers, and Crosson Textbook Companion Website
- Turnitin Website
- YouTube Video Accounting Lectures by Susan Crosson
In addition to the required course texts, the following public domain web sites are useful. Please abide by the university’s academic honesty policy when using Internet sources as well. Note web site addresses are subject to change.
|Site Name||Website URL/Address|
|Purdue Online Writing Lab||http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/|
|APA Formatting Software– Perrla||https://www.perrla.com/|
|When to use a Commas||https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/607/02/|
|What constitutes a paragraph||https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/606/02/|
|Book Title:||Project Management JumpStart, 4th ed - e-book available in the APUS Online Library|
|Book Title:||The Project Book: The Complete Guide to Consistently Delivering Great Projects - e-book available in the APUS Online Library|
|Publication Info:||Wiley Lib|
Not current for future courses.