Course Code: BUSN316 Course ID: 2966 Credit Hours: 3 Level: Undergraduate
This course focuses on the actual tasks and activities of the entrepreneur-from researching venture feasibility, to launching the venture, to managing growth. Covered are descriptions of real entrepreneurs in action, facing the challenges that entrepreneurs must deal with, and making good and even some not-so-good decisions. This study relates the excitement of the entrepreneurial adventure.
|Registration Dates||Course Dates||Session||Weeks|
|12/28/20 - 06/04/21||06/07/21 - 08/01/21||Spring 2021 Session D||8 Week session|
|01/25/21 - 07/02/21||07/05/21 - 08/29/21||Summer 2021 Session B||8 Week session|
|02/22/21 - 07/30/21||08/02/21 - 09/26/21||Summer 2021 Session I||8 Week session|
|03/29/21 - 09/03/21||09/06/21 - 10/31/21||Summer 2021 Session D||8 Week session|
|04/26/21 - 10/01/21||10/04/21 - 11/28/21||Fall 2021 Session B||8 Week session|
Emphasis in this course will be placed on the different aspects of entrepreneurship. It will also provide the learner an opportunity to critically analyze several components which will challenge them to apply the key decisions that must be made by entrepreneurs to real world experiences. The ultimate objective of the course is to enable the learner to evaluate and to solve problems involving entrepreneurship and to effectively communicate their recommendations to others.
Upon successful completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Define the meaning of entrepreneurship
- Discuss how entrepreneurship fits into the business environment
- Identify techniques and tools that can be used to research the feasibility of an entrepreneurial venture
- Assess the steps in planning and organizing an entrepreneurial venture Apply techniques for managing cash flow and pricing for profit
- Analyze the process used to launch an entrepreneurial venture
- Illustrate how to manage the processes used in an entrepreneurial venture
- Discuss how to manage people as a part of the entrepreneurial process
- Explain how to manage the growth and other challenges that arise from an entrepreneurial venture
- Demonstrate knowledge of the fundamentals of entrepreneurship
- Reflect on learning during the course and provide feedback for course improvement
|Discussion Forums||30.00 %|
|Introduction Forum||3.75 %|
|Week 2 Forum||3.75 %|
|Week 3 Forum||3.75 %|
|Week 4 Forum||3.75 %|
|Week 5 Forum||3.75 %|
|Week 6 Forum||3.75 %|
|Week 7 Forum||3.75 %|
|Week 8 Forum||3.75 %|
|Week 2 Assignment||11.67 %|
|Week 3 Assignment||11.67 %|
|Week 4 Assignment||11.67 %|
|Week 5 Assignment||11.67 %|
|Week 6 Assignment||11.67 %|
|Week 7 Assignment||11.67 %|
The various chapter readings for this text will be located in each weekly required reading section.
(Note: All twenty chapters of this text are assigned reading and will be covered on the Assignments and Forums. There will be other materials, including Web sites outside the classroom, assigned by the Instructor)
If applicable, please see additional information about accessing e-books here http://apus.libanswers.com/coursematerials/faq/2225 and in the Course Materials section under Lessons.
Microsoft Word (if you don't have MS Word, please save all files a Text file (.txt) or a Rich Text Format (.rtf)
Adobe Reader is required to view these files. If you do not have this software, please log onto www.adobe.com to download the free reader.
Adobe Reader -- Go to http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html to download the latest version.
|Book Title:||Various resources from the APUS Library & the Open Web are used. Please visit http://apus.libguides.com/er.php to locate the course eReserve.*|
Not current for future courses.