Course Code: BUSN222 Course ID: 2904 Credit Hours: 3 Level: Undergraduate
This course explores the role and major functions of the property manager. Students will have the opportunity to discuss and review terminology, concepts, and best practices for landlord policies, operational guidelines, leases and lease negotiations, tenant relations, habitability laws and the Fair Housing Act. Topics will include the impact of electronic technology on the industry and fair housing regulations.
|Registration Dates||Course Dates||Session||Weeks|
|08/31/20 - 01/29/21||02/01/21 - 03/28/21||Winter 2021 Session I||8 Week session|
|09/28/20 - 02/26/21||03/01/21 - 04/25/21||Winter 2021 Session D||8 Week session|
|10/26/20 - 04/02/21||04/05/21 - 05/30/21||Spring 2021 Session B||8 Week session|
|11/30/20 - 04/30/21||05/03/21 - 06/27/21||Spring 2021 Session I||8 Week session|
|12/28/20 - 06/04/21||06/07/21 - 08/01/21||Spring 2021 Session D||8 Week session|
After successfully completing this course, the student will be able to:
1. Differentiate the responsibilities between the Property Manager and the Property owner.
2. Analyze the factors affecting the real estate economy along with the impact of marketing the property.
3. Prepare a management and marketing plan which aligns with the Property Owner’s primary objectives.
4. Extrapolate upon legal aspects and Federal laws governing property management as a business.
5. Interpret real estate marketing trends, along with urban and regional economics regarding property management.
6. Compare and contrast the differences between residential and commercial property management.
7. Identify elements of current Risk Management strategy and various approaches within property management.
8. Examine the property management licensing laws, pre-licensing qualifications, and continuing education requirements within a given state.
|Discussion Forums||50.00 %|
|Week 1 Forum||5.56 %|
|Week 2 Forum||5.56 %|
|Week 3 Forum||5.56 %|
|Week 4 Forum||5.56 %|
|Week 5 Forum||5.56 %|
|Introduction Forum - Week 1||5.56 %|
|Week 6 Forum||5.56 %|
|Week 7 Forum||5.56 %|
|Week 8 Forum||5.56 %|
|Assignment 1: Lease Contract (Due Week 2)||10.00 %|
|Assignment 2: Property Management Plan (Due Week 3)||10.00 %|
|Assignment 3: Property Manager Interview (Due Week 7)||10.00 %|
|Assignment 4: Final - Licensing Laws (Due Week 8)||20.00 %|
See Lessons area for additional reading requirements.
See Lessons area for additional resources.
American Real Estate Society
Institute for Real Estate Management
All Property Management
State Real Estate Licenses
|Book Title:||Various resources from the APUS Library & the Open Web are used. Please visit http://apus.libguides.com/er.php to locate the course eReserve.*|
Not current for future courses.