Course Code: ANLY630 Course ID: 4878 Credit Hours: 3 Level: Graduate
This course primarily covers handling elements of the influence on a business performance that can be constraints for achieving certain results. The course discusses optimization methodologies to support management choices. Students will learn about applying linear programming principals to harness a precise objective considering a set of business constraints. Students will use spreadsheet software to implement and solve these linear programming problems. (Prerequisite: BUSN662)
|Registration Dates||Course Dates||Session||Weeks|
|11/30/20 - 04/30/21||05/03/21 - 06/27/21||Spring 2021 Session I||8 Week session|
|02/22/21 - 07/30/21||08/02/21 - 09/26/21||Summer 2021 Session I||8 Week session|
- Describe the various managerial decision modeling factors in optimization and simulation methods.
- Discuss the different types of linear programming models, modelings, applications during the sensitive analysis of data analytical process.
- Explain the transportation and network models in the optimization and simulation methods.
- Describe how the data analytical process of the integer, goals within the nonlinear programming methods.
- Explain how the forecasting models that are often used in the optimization and simulation process.
- Discuss the project management analytical process when applying simulation modeling during data evaluation process.
- Consider how queuing, and inventory models are used in optimization and simulation during the decision analysis of a project.
- Encourage students to apply what they have learned in the probability concepts and application by using Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet modules and applications.
LESSONS AND READING
Students are required to actively participate reading and studying of the chapter materials so that they can analyze meaningful data and information by using predictive analytics methods and applications.
There are eight Forum Topics, in which are designed to promote interaction amongst fellow participants and to motivate or provoke other thoughts on the matter. This discussion format allows you to post and respond to other students within the convenient time frame of the weekly schedule. The study subject is graded in accordance with the assigned paragraph length requirements and required responses to at least two of your colleagues’ postings. These postings must add value and expand the conversion on the topic. Correspondent must interact with other participants throughout the Forum exercise to receive full participation credit.
1. The Main Response to the Discussion Question(s) must be written in a substantive manner with no less than 300 words that are relevant to the discussion topic(s). You must also include at least one scholarly source in your researched response.
2. Your interactive post should be at least 150-200 words that expand the conversation forward.
3. Please do not attach your responses, but make sure that you write within the body of the forum.
There is one written assignment per week which is due at the end of the week. Your grades are based on the completion of the assigned assignment in accordance with the instructor’s lesson task requirements, and the use of the APA style guidelines. All the assignments must be uploaded into the Assignment Folder with your Turnitin.com submission results for the grading purpose.
Tests/Quizzes – These assessments will challenge the understanding of the class textbook material by the students. The questions from Optimization and Simulation within the Microsoft Excel Applications. Assessments are configured as Problem Sets and Quizzes that will contain, multiple choice questions, fill in the blank or file upload answers, and true or false, and essay or short answer format.
|Discussion Forums & Participants||20.00 %|
|Week 1 Discussion Forum||2.86 %|
|Week 2 Discussion Forum||2.86 %|
|Week 3 Discussion Forum||2.86 %|
|Week 4 Discussion Forum||2.86 %|
|Week 5 Discussion Forum||2.86 %|
|Week 6 Discussion Forum||2.86 %|
|Week 7 Discussion Forum||2.86 %|
|Case Study Analysis||20.00 %|
|Week 6 Assignment||10.00 %|
|Week 7 Assignment||10.00 %|
|Week 8: Final Assignment||20.00 %|
|Problem Sets||7.50 %|
|Problem Set 1||1.25 %|
|Problem Set 2||2.50 %|
|Problem Set 3||1.25 %|
|Problem Set 4||1.25 %|
|Problem Set 5||1.25 %|
|Quiz 1||1.50 %|
|Quiz 2||1.50 %|
|Quiz 3||1.50 %|
|Quiz 4||1.50 %|
|Quiz 5||1.50 %|
|Final Exam||25.00 %|
|Final Exam||25.00 %|
Managerial Decision Modeling with Spreadsheets (2013-Edition 4) by Barry Render.
Ebook available through the APUS Online Library - http://ezproxy.apus.edu/login?url=https://ebookcentral.proquest.com/lib/apus/detail.action?docID=4947049
Print ISBN: 9781501515101
his e-textbook that is located inside of the Lessons section, which is set up as your weekly reading assignments. There are twelve chapters of this text material that is assigned as reading and posted on the Assignments and Forums sections. Additional reading materials will be allocated by the instructor, which includes but not limited to external periodical research Web sites that not are listed on the course syllabus.
Companion Website for Managerial Decision Modeling with Spreadsheets, 3/e.
Microsoft Word (if you don't have MS Word, please save all files a Text file (.txt) or a Rich Text Format (.rtf)
Adobe Reader -- Go to http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html to download the latest version. This download is free.
|Book Title:||Managerial Decision Modeling : Business Analytics with Spreadsheets, 4th ed. (Ebook available through the APUS Online Library)|
|Publication Info:||DEG Press|
|Author:||Balakrishnan, Render, Stair, Munson, and Munson|
Not current for future courses.