Exclusive Partner Benefits
As technology becomes more sophisticated, so does criminal activity. This means that police, law enforcement and public safety professionals must be proactive in keeping up with these changes in order to stay ahead. American Public University (APU) offers the education that law enforcement professionals need to effectively investigate and protect our communities from advanced crimes and cybercrimes.
Our affordable and flexible online courses fit well with your demanding work schedule and give you a competitive edge needed in today’s workforce. Our courses are taught by forward-thinking faculty who possess years of practical law enforcement and public safety career experience in their fields. Our curriculum includes real-world examples that help students tackle real-life challenges as they navigate their careers.
*To minimize out-of-pocket costs, active-duty servicemembers, their spouse/dependents, National Guard members, and Reservists receive a tuition grant that caps undergraduate, master's degree, and graduate certificate tuition at $250/credit hour. In addition, a university book grant provides no-cost textbooks and ebooks for all undergraduate and doctoral students and all military-tuition-grant-eligible master’s-level students.
- Affordability: APU prioritizes controlling costs and delivering value for students. Our tuition is $285 per credit hour (undergraduate) and $370 per credit hour (graduate). A grant is available to U.S. military veterans as well. We provide textbooks and ebooks at no cost to those enrolled in undergraduate courses.
- Transfer-credit friendly: We work to ensure you get all the credit you deserve for prior military or public safety academy training, including POST, FLETA, BLEP, or IFSAC trainings. We offer no-cost transfer credit evaluation. We also consider ACE-evaluated training and credits by exam. You can earn up to 90 transfer credits toward a bachelor’s degree.
- Convenience: Courses are offered online so that you can learn at a location that is best for you.
- Flexibility: Monthly start dates and no set login times.
Free Online University Comparison Guide
Finding the school that is the best fit for you and your unique goals is a very important step when deciding where to attend college. This guide will help you make an informed decision as you start evaluating your options.
Why Choose APU?
- Accredited & Respected. APU is part of American Public University System, which is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (hlcommission.org), and a multi-year recipient of the prestigious Online Learning Consortium (OLC) Effective Practice Award and has received this accolade since 2013.
- Faculty with real-world knowledge. Practitioner faculty bring their professional experience in law enforcement and public safety sectors to the classroom.
- Relevant and responsive curriculum. An industry advisory council keeps programs in sync with today’s workplace needs.
Complete this form and we’ll contact you with more information about APU.
We value your privacy.
By submitting this form, you agree to receive emails, texts, and phone calls and messages from American Public University System, Inc. which includes American Military University (AMU) and American Public University (APU), its affiliates, and representatives. I understand that this consent is not a condition of enrollment or purchase.
Classes start soon and there is no application fee, so why not take that next step? Fill out the on page form to request information and an admissions representative will be in touch with you shortly.
Is your department partnered with APU? If not, be sure to ask your admissions representative how your organization can take advantage of the benefits of partnership.Get Started Now