Stay on top of trends and learn new skills.
In the world of emergency operations, conditions change, as does the knowledge needed to lead the response. Our programs are designed to help you stay on top of current trends and learn new skills from a respected university. Our flexible programs are designed for adult learners looking to achieve their education goals while continuing to work in their fields. Our faculty maintains both high academic excellence as well as first-hand experience as practitioners in their respective fields, providing students with real-world perspective.
From the smallest incident to the largest catastrophe, our emergency and disaster management programs emphasize a whole community approach. This is one of the core foundations of emergency management. Our programs offer professionals the resources to prepare for careers in emergency management, emergency planning, and disaster operations. APU adheres to the United States Fire Administration's Fire & Emergency Services Higher Education model program, and our programs meet the academic requirements of the USFA's Executive Fire Officers Program.
*To minimize out-of-pocket costs, active-duty servicemembers, National Guard members, Reservists, and military spouses/dependents receive a tuition grant that covers undergraduate and master's-level tuition above the military TA cap of $250/credit hour. In addition, the University provides no-cost textbooks and ebooks for all undergraduate, doctoral, and military-tuition-grant-eligible master’s-level students.
Free Online University Comparison Guide
Finding the school that is the best fit for you and your unique goals is a very important step when deciding where to attend college. This guide will help you make an informed decision as you start evaluating your options.
Emergency & Disaster Management
- Emergency Management: Certificate
- Emergency Management Executive Leadership: Certificate
- Emergency and Disaster Management: B.A., M.A., Certificate
- Emergency and Disaster Management & Homeland Security: M.A. Dual Degree
Find Additional Programs
The strength of our program relies on established partnerships with fire and emergency management organizations and agencies around the nation. These partnerships ensure our courses deliver relevant and current information to prepare graduates for leadership positions.
- Center for Public Safety Excellence
- International Association of Emergency Managers
- International Association of Fire Chiefs
- Philadelphia Fire Department
- San Diego Firemen¹s Relief Association
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Independent Study Program: EMI/National Fire Academy/National Emergency Training
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Transcript
- Fire Academy Training
- Firefighter Certifications (from IFSAC or ProBoard accredited agencies)
- National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT)
Partners with links have additional transfer credit details.