- Full-time employees of the federal government may be eligible for reimbursement of their tuition and course material costs associated with their studies
- The Office of Personnel Management supports job-related studies with up to 100% tuition reimbursement and may also cover the cost of all required course materials. The extent of this coverage depends on:
- Approval by both immediate supervisor and the local Civilian Training Director confirming the course to be directly related to an employee's job requirements and professional development
- Funds available for the course. In some cases, limited funding may preclude full tuition reimbursement and/or course material cost coverage
- Students should confirm approval and financial assistance before registering for any course
- Many corporations and companies, including the federal government, offer educational benefits to their employees through an Employer Voucher process
- Students should check with their Human Resources representative for specific details
- Our university system will provide any necessary documentation regarding tuition, fees, accreditation, course content, or other information that may be required.
- Students who have any portion of tuition paid through Employer Voucher will need to pay upfront if an employer requires a final grade before a guarantee of tuition payment can be made
- We recommend these students consider using our ADP payment option
To qualify for the Employer Voucher payment option:
- The student’s employer must provide our Finance Office with a guarantee of tuition payment through an Employer Voucher. This voucher should be faxed to our Tuition Assistance Office 866-755-8763 or e-mailed prior to the start date of the course. Note: Books are sent to student after payment has been confirmed. It is to the student’s advantage to submit all required documents one or more weeks prior to the course start
- Prior to course registration, the student must obtain the ‘Employer’s Identification Number’ (EIN), which can be found on any W-2 form, a paystub, or supplied the employer’s Human Resources/Finance Office
- At the time of registration, the student must choose “Employer Voucher” as payment type and indicate the EIN.
If your employer would prefer to pay for your courses via credit card, they may do so by e-mailing payment information prior to the course start date or faxing payment information to 304-724-3794. Credit card payments are not accepted over the phone
Need Help with Financial / Tuition Assistance?
- Watch brief videos
with answers to many of your financial assistance questions on Financial Aid TV
- Attend an online Financial Aid Orientation session with the experts
- For additional assistance, contact our Financial Aid Help Desk: 877-372-3535 | Send an e-mail