DOD Tuition Assistance Policy
- Authorized Tuition Assistance Maximum Coverage:
- Per Fiscal Year:
- Army, Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps, Coast Guard: $4,500 (undergraduate and/or graduate tuition).
- Per Credit Hour:
- Army, Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps, Coast Guard: $250 (undergraduate and/or graduate tuition).
- Rate and policy changes for Marine Corps students effective Oct 1, 2011.
- The Department of Defense allows service members to use Tuition Assistance towards an increased degree level. For example, if you already have an associate degree, Tuition Assistance may be used to pay for a bachelor’s degree but not another associate degree.
- The total amount of Tuition Assistance, plus any other financial assistance cannot exceed the total amount of tuition.
- APUS is listed in the Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES) Catalog of Nationally & Regionally Accredited Distance Learning Programs found in each base/installation education office.
- An Education Services Officer (ESO) will advise you on program eligibility.
- Military TA does NOT cover one time fees listed on the Tuition and Fees page.
- To get started, see Details on requesting Tuition Assistance
Need Help with Financial / Tuition Assistance?
- Watch brief videos
with answers to many of your financial assistance questions on Financial Aid TV
- Attend an online Financial Aid Orientation session with the experts
- For additional assistance, contact our Financial Aid Help Desk: 877-372-3535 | Send an e-mail