- Some students are randomly chosen by the government for "Verification"
- Within “Verification” we compare the information on your application with your financial documents
- We may ask you for additional documentation to complete the “Verification” process
- The law requires that we ask you for this information before awarding federal aid
- We will notify you directly if you have been chosen for this process and what documents must be submitted for verification
- Examples of possible documentation requests: W-2’s, income tax returns, bank statements, etc
- You have 28 days to respond and submit required documentation from the date of notification
- If the student fails to provide the required documentation within the established time frame, then the Student will be treated as a cash-paying student until the documents are provided
- If you are unable to make the cash payment at that time, you will be denied access to your courses
- Failure to meet the verification requirements altogether may result in dropping you from courses and/or canceling your FSA intent form
- If there are differences between your application and your financial documents we will:
- Notify you of those differences
- Notify you if the differences change your scheduled FSA award
- Work with you to correct any mistakes made
- Any suspected case of fraud will be reported to the Regional Office of the Inspector General, or, if more appropriate, to a State or local law enforcement agency having jurisdiction to investigate the matter. Referrals to local or state agencies will be reported on an annual basis to the Inspector General
- There are no interim disbursements during the verification process
* The Financial Aid Office reserves the right to make exceptions to the above stated policies due to mitigating circumstances, on a case-by-case basis. Students will be given a clear explanation of the documentation needed to satisfy the verification requirements and the process for document submission.
Need Help with Financial / Tuition Assistance?
- Watch brief videos
with answers to many of your financial assistance questions on Financial Aid TV
- Attend an online Financial Aid Orientation session with the experts
- For additional assistance, contact our Financial Aid Help Desk: 877-372-3535 | Send an e-mail