Alumni University Service Award
The Alumni University Service Award recognizes an alumnus who dedicates time and energy to the APUS community in an effort to advance university efforts, promote student success, and build the APUS culture in a positive way. This award honors graduates whose selfless commitment and consistent involvement to the university as a whole have exemplified the university’s ideals.
In order to be considered for nomination of this award, you should:
- Provide evidence of regular and sustained service to the university.
- Demonstrate engagement in activities which enhance the stature, reputation, and overall strength of the university.
- Commit personal time and energy to the university.
- Accomplish the above during or after their academic tenure at AMU or APU.
- Nominees may be self-nominated, nominated by another graduate, a member of the faculty or staff, or another person outside the university who knows the nominee and the university well.
- Nominees will be notified of their nomination and encouraged to apply for the award.
- Award may, but will not necessarily, be awarded annually.
All materials are to be submitted in one complete packet to firstname.lastname@example.org. Late or incomplete submissions will not be considered.
- A cover page including your name, student ID, degree completed, contact information, and graduation date.
- One letter of recommendation from a faculty member or supervisor who knows you well. The letter should specifically address how you meet the requirements for the award. You may want to give your recommendation writer a brief summary of the award.
- An original essay of no more than 1,000 words that outlines why you are an exceptional candidate for the award including concrete examples of how you meet each of the requirements for this award.
- Answers questions such as: In what ways have you served the university and in what ways has this service been significant? How have you showed selfless commitment and consistent involvement to the university?
- Evidence that you received state or national recognition for significant achievements in your chosen field.
- Your current professional resume.
- Additional information such as news articles, recognition awards, and volunteer service, that supports the nomination are encouraged, but not required.
Contact the Alumni Relations if you have questions about collecting supporting documentation during the nomination process.