Alumni Education Award
The Alumni Education Award recognizes an alumnus who dedicates time and effort towards lifelong learning and who strives to impact the educational community, as a whole and/or in their particular field.
In order to be considered for nomination of this award, you should:
- Nominees may be self-nominated, nominated by another graduate, a member of the faculty or staff, or another person outside the university who knows the nominee and the university well.
- Nominees will be notified of their nomination and encouraged to apply for the award.
- Award may, but will not necessarily, be awarded annually.
All materials are to be submitted in one complete packet to email@example.com. Late or incomplete submissions will not be considered.
- A cover page including your name, student ID, degree completed, contact information, and graduation date.
- One letter of recommendation from a faculty member or supervisor who knows you well. The letter should specifically address how you meet the requirements for the award. You may want to give your recommendation writer a brief summary of the award.
- An original essay of no more than 1,000 words that outlines why you are an exceptional candidate for the award including concrete examples of how you meet each of the requirements for this award.
- Answers questions such as: In what ways have you made significant contributions in the field of higher education? In what ways have you promoted and encouraged continuous learning?
- Evidence that you received state or national recognition for significant achievements in your chosen field.
- Additional information such as news articles, recognition awards, and volunteer service, that supports the nomination are encouraged.
- Your current professional resume.
Contact Alumni Relations if you have questions about collecting supporting documentation during the nomination process.