Online Bachelor of Arts in Human Development and Family Studies
The Human Development and Family Studies bachelor's degree focuses on the study of human development within the contexts of the family, the community, and the broader national and international culture.
In this program you will:
- Study human interaction with emphasis on how people are affected by their environments, and how they, in turn, have an impact on others
- Take courses such as Human Sexuality, Family Life, Family Resource Management, Marriage and the Family, Family Communications, and more
- Learn techniques for research design, sampling, and data collection methods including observation, interviewing, and questionnaire construction
- Examine the developmental, social, and cultural influences of the family in relation to a variety of personal and social experiences
We are honored to have been designated an approved Early Childhood Education Training Institution by the Council for Professional Recognition, which offers the national Child Development Associate (CDA) designation (www.cdacouncil.org).
Important Note: This bachelor's degree program does not lead to licensure to become a K-12 schoolteacher. In addition, while this program offers the academic background you need for careers in early childhood, individual states often require additional hands-on training or site visitation not provided by our university. It is your responsibility to become familiar with all licensure/certification requirements in the state in which you plan to seek employment.
- Associate of Arts in Early Childhood Care and Education
- Undergraduate Certificate in Family Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- Associate of Science in Public Health
- Bachelor of Science in Public Health
- Explore all programs
Program Completion Rates, Median Debt, and More
View more details regarding our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information.
American Public University System is authorized by the Washington Student Achievement Council and meets the requirements and minimum educational standards established for degree-granting institutions under the Degree-Granting Institutions Act. This authorization is subject to periodic review and authorizes American Public University System to advertise, recruit and offer field placements for specific degree programs. The Council may be contacted for a list of currently authorized programs. Authorization by the Council does not carry with it an endorsement by the Council of the institution or its programs. Any person desiring information about the requirements of the act or the applicability of those requirements to the institution may contact the Council at P.O. Box 43430, Olympia, WA 98504-3430.