Online Bachelor of Arts in Government Contracting and Acquisition
The B.A. in Government Contracting and Acquisition prepares you for careers in the contract management profession, including government contracting within federal agencies or military and civilian defense establishments. This program takes advantage of the Contract Management Body of Knowledge (CMBOK) as defined by the National Contract Management Association.
Working with simulation-based scenario assignments created from real-world case studies, you will examine these topics, and more:
- Government contracting components, federal procurement processes, contract management and acquisition initiatives, service contacts, source selection, cost and price analysis and negotiations and ethics.
- Principles of strategic planning to better achieve organizational goals.
- System’s acquisition cycle from the point of view of government requirements and the efforts of civilian contractors.
- Fundamental governing structure and regulations of defense systems acquisition management.
- Process and criteria used by the government to evaluate and select proposals for contract, following the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and the Defense Federal Acquisition Supplements (DFARS).
Note: This program evolved from the former Military Management and Program Acquisition degree.
- Bachelor of Arts in Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Arts in Military History
- Bachelor of Arts in International Relations
- Bachelor of Arts in Security Management
- Explore all programs
Program Completion Rates, Median Debt, and More
View more details regarding our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information.