Online Undergraduate Certificate in Family Studies
The undergraduate certificate in Family Studies is designed for students wishing to develop or enhance their knowledge and skills related to the provision of educational and support services to families, parents, and children.
In this 6-course program, you will:
- Study psychological development of the child from conception to puberty
- Explore the aging process and its effects on the family
- Examine how individual needs, perceptions, and self-concepts affect family communication
- Explore child and family development as it relates to society, including the military family
- Study the multidimensional aspects of family law and policy
Note: Completion of this certificate does not qualify you to apply for teaching licensure.
- Associate of Arts in Early Childhood Care and Education
- Undergraduate Certificate in Infant and Toddler Care
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- Associate of Science in Public Health
- Explore all programs
American Public University System is authorized by the Washington Student Achievement Council and meets the requirements and minimum educational standards established for degree-granting institutions under the Degree-Granting Institutions Act. This authorization is subject to periodic review and authorizes American Public University System to advertise, recruit and offer field placements for specific degree programs. The Council may be contacted for a list of currently authorized programs. Authorization by the Council does not carry with it an endorsement by the Council of the institution or its programs. Any person desiring information about the requirements of the act or the applicability of those requirements to the institution may contact the Council at P.O. Box 43430, Olympia, WA 98504-3430.
Program Completion Rates, Median Debt, and More
View more details regarding our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information.