Online Master of Education in Teaching
The Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Teaching has been developed to meet the needs of licensed classroom practitioners by linking what has been learned about effective teaching to best practices in the classroom. This graduate-level program offers 6 unique concentrations with the coursework for each structured within 3 essential areas that affect today’s classroom teachers: instruction, curriculum, and professional development.
In this program, you will:
- Interact with faculty members who are committed to the collaborative and investigation of problems in practice
- Experience a comprehensive study of current educational research and critical analysis of classroom teaching and learning
- Discover how to enhance your classroom management skills and create active learning environments
- Discover how different social, emotional, physical, and ethical issues impact various aspects of K-12 classrooms
- Enhance your interpersonal communication skills to include speaking, listening, reading, and writing
- Examine how teachers can use technology more efficiently and effectively to improve student achievement
- Explore legal, ethical, and political issues governing K-12 education
Important note: This program is not designed to lead to certification or licensure. We strongly encourage you to explore your state-specific requirements prior to applying here in order to make an informed decision. In addition, you may email our coordinator of certification and licensure here at SOE_LicensureCertification@apus.edu.
Program Completion Rates, Median Debt, and More
View more details regarding our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information.