National Association of Environmental Professionals and American Public University Partnership
The National Association of Environmental Professionals (NAEP) and American Public University (APU) have formed a partnership to further mutual interest regarding the availability and quality of higher education available to NAEP members. The degree and certificate programs at APU are distinguished from others in the industry because our faculty members are not just educators, but also real-world practitioners. Many hold leadership positions at the Environmental Protection Agency, Bureau of Land Management, The Nature Conservancy, and other key organizations around the globe.
This partnership offers NAEP members access to flexible and affordable online courses, certificates, and degree programs; with a variety of concentrations including Environmental Sustainability, Environmental Planning, and Global Environmental Management. Whether you currently work as an Environmental Project Manager, Policy Analyst, NAEP Project Manager, or other environmental position, this partnership provides access to quality education designed to help you meet your professional goals.
Take the next step and complete a no-fee application.
We want you to make an informed decision about the university that's right for you. For more about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, visit www.apus.edu/disclosure.
- Emergency Spill Response
- Energy and Resource Sustainability
- Environmental and Ecosystems Management
- Environmental Enforcement
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Environmental Management Systems
- Environmental Policy, Regulation, and Law
- Hazardous Waste and Public Law
- Hazardous Waste Treatment and Disposal
- Pollution and Pollution Management
- Public Lands Management
- Remote Sensing and Geographic Information Systems
- Water Resources Management
- Water Science
- B.S. in Environmental Studies
- Undergraduate Certificate in Hazardous Waste Management
- Elements of Sustainable Design
- Energy Policy and Sustainability
- Environmental Impact Analysis
- Environmental Management
- Environmental Policy, Regulation, and Law
- Environmental Risk Assessment
- Environmental Toxicology
- Fundamentals of Environmental Systems
- Global Environmental Change
- Landscape Ecology and Planning
- Watershed Management
- Waste Management and Pollution Control
- M.S. in Environmental Policy and Management
The National Association of Environmental Professionals (NAEP) is a professional association dedicated to the promotion of ethical practices, technical competency, and professional standards in the environmental fields. NAEP's members include individuals and corporations, government, industry, academia, consulting firms, and the private sector with interests in environmental related fields.
NAEP was founded as the peer group representing the "Environmental Professional." The cornerstone of the new Association was its Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice for Environmental Professionals.
When the Council on Environmental Quality held its formal hearings in 1978 on proposed revisions to its regulations for implementing the procedural provisions of NEPA, NAEP was the only professional association officially invited to give testimony, thereby giving federal recognition to NAEP and its membership of environmental professionals.
Over the years, the myriad of environmental laws, executive orders, and regulations that have come into being since NEPA have resulted in many new environmentally oriented professional specialties being developed that better fit within the environmental professional discipline than any other. As a result, NAEP programs have been continuously updated and refined to adjust to an expanding and diversifying membership base and to the professional needs of the Environmental Professional.
NAEP chose APU as the premiere education provider to NAEP members. Both organizations share mutual interests regarding the availability and quality of higher education available to NAEP and NAEP Members. This partnership is specifically designed to help develop well educated students in their pursuit of an academic degree, academic certificate programs, and/or online courses for professional development or to help with professional certifications.
Why Choose APU?
Academic Quality meets Affordable Tuition
American Public University (APU) is a distinguished leader providing quality and affordable online education to motivated students worldwide. APU is a member of the regionally accredited American Public University System. Here’s why more than 100,000 students make us their school of choice today.
- No application fees
- Textbooks are provided at no cost to all undergraduate students earning academic credit
- Affordable tuition that is 20 percent less than the average four-year public university’s in-state rates according to the College Board’s 2010-2011 study
- Save time and money by transferring previous education and training credits
- Financial aid and military benefits accepted
- Nationally recognized for quality online education and effective practices
- Experienced faculty who are respected practitioners in their field of study
- 96% of APU seniors say they are satisfied or very satisfied with their education
- 97% of APU seniors say they would recommend APU to friends and colleagues
To get started, complete our no-fee application now.
Dr. Carol Pollio welcomes you to the Environmental Sciences Program at American Public University.
Tony Wood, M.S.
Environmental Policy and Management
Tony Wood landed his new job — Director of Texas A&M’s National Spill Control School in Corpus Christi — a week after BP’s Deep Horizon well exploded. Meeting with officials, locally and nationally, Wood is gathering information to re-invent course curriculum — using “lessons learned” from the disaster to create new lesson plans. A graduate of Corpus Christi State University (now Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi), he has been a very busy man since Day One on the job.
Carol Pollio, Ph.D.
Program Director of Environmental Studies
Fish & Wildlife Administrator at U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
Dr. Carol A. Pollio is the Science Advisor for the US Fish and Wildlife Service Northeast Region Ecological Services Program. For the past 4 years, she has supervised 13 Ecological Services field offices from Maine to Virginia. She also served 5 years in the USFWS Washington Office, gaining experience in fisheries and aquatic resources management, education and outreach, and habitat restoration at the national policy level. She has been with the USFWS for 9 years. Read more…