The graduate certificate in Terrorism Studies offers you a fundamental understanding of extremist groups, terrorism tactics, weapons of mass destruction, counterterrorism, and the effects of terrorism upon political and military leadership after 9/11. Terrorist incidents occur through various online and offline channels, making protecting people and organizational assets a top priority for many organizations. In order to mitigate terror escalations and prepare for emerging dangers, many professionals in the intelligence and public safety communities are expanding their knowledge and skills through education. This online certificate is designed to support these educational goals. This online certificate is intended for graduate students who want to expand their knowledge of terrorism without committing to a degree program.
The curriculum for this online program is reviewed by an advisory council of industry experts for relevancy to today’s marketplace. Course topics include:
- Intelligence and counterterrorism
- Terrorism tactics, solutions, threats, and forecasting
- Terrorism preparation and response techniques
- Weapons of mass destruction
- Domestic terrorism and extremist groups
- Assassination history, theory, and practice
- International threats to security
- Political psychology of terror groups
- Research, analysis, and written communications
In addition to the institutional and degree level learning objectives, graduates of this program are expected to achieve these learning outcomes:
- Assess the terrorist threat to U.S. national security.
- Analyze the likelihood of future terrorist attacks.
- Assess the role of the U.S. intelligence community in addressing the terrorist threat.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of selected research methods and tools.
- All graduate programs require you to have earned a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- If you have a non-U.S. transcript, please view our International Admissions page for more information.
- There is no fee to complete our admission application. View steps to apply.
Selecting the right program to meet your educational goals is a key step in ensuring a successful outcome. If you are unsure of which program to choose, or need more information, please contact an admission representative at 877-777-9081 or email@example.com.
Per credit hour: $350 | $325 with military grant*
*To help minimize out-of-pocket costs, we offer a tuition grant for U.S. active-duty servicemembers, Guard, Reserve, military spouses and dependents, and veterans. See all military-affiliated student benefits.
Paying for School
As an accredited university, we accept the following forms of financial aid and payments:
Ways to Save
Accelerate your degree completion by taking full advantage of our transfer credit options, including credit for your previous college courses, military service schools, American Council on Education (ACE) and College Level Examination Program (CLEP) tests, and prior learning experiences.
The university has educational partnerships with many employers and associations. Be sure to accurately enter your employer information when you complete our admissions application. Your employer might also offer a tuition reimbursement plan as one of your benefits.