Executive Law Enforcement Leadership
The graduate certificate in Executive Law Enforcement Leadership is designed to help prepare chiefs of police and other key state law enforcement command personnel for their leadership roles. This online program offers you an improved knowledge of police administration, grant writing, organizational management and development, leadership, and planning. This program is also a useful introduction to a graduate degree in criminal justice, management, or other similar areas of interest. This online certificate is intended for graduate students who want to expand their knowledge of executive law enforcement leadership without committing to a degree program.
The curriculum for this online graduate certificate is reviewed by an advisory council of industry experts for relevancy to today’s marketplace. Course topics include:
- Police administration operations, policies, and procedures
- Roles of police managers, judicial decisions, and citizen oversight
- Writing effective grant proposals to apply for funding
- Techniques for structuring and solving managerial problems
- Organizational development, including decision making
- Strategic management and planning techniques
In addition to the institutional and degree level learning objectives, graduates of this program are expected to achieve these learning outcomes:
- Compare and contrast techniques for structuring and resolving managerial problems in public and private organizations.
- Evaluates interpersonal relations, motivation, decision making, and group behavior in organizations.
- Deconstruct the role and function of leadership in terms of how it impacts individuals, organizations, and society.
- Synthesis state-of-the-art practices and theories, strategies and techniques relative to the strategic management and planning process.
- Examines administrative issues inherent in both large and small police organizations, including administration, organization, leadership, the role of the manager, and citizen oversight.
- Demonstrates the skills necessary to be able to develop a grant proposal.
- All graduate programs require you to have earned a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- If you have a non-U.S. transcript, please view our International Admissions page for more information.
- There is no fee to complete our admission application. View steps to apply.
Selecting the right program to meet your educational goals is a key step in ensuring a successful outcome. If you are unsure of which program to choose, or need more information, please contact an admission representative at 877-777-9081 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Per credit hour: $350 | $325 with military grant*
*To help minimize out-of-pocket costs, we offer a tuition grant for U.S. active-duty servicemembers, Guard, Reserve, military spouses and dependents, and veterans. See all military-affiliated student benefits.
Paying for School
As an accredited university, we accept the following forms of financial aid and payments:
Ways to Save
Accelerate your degree completion by taking full advantage of our transfer credit options, including credit for your previous college courses, military service schools, American Council on Education (ACE) and College Level Examination Program (CLEP) tests, and prior learning experiences.
The university has educational partnerships with many employers and associations. Be sure to accurately enter your employer information when you complete our admissions application. Your employer might also offer a tuition reimbursement plan as one of your benefits.