IT Project Management Essentials
The undergraduate certificate in IT Project Management Essentials teaches management and organizational skills required to oversee complex enterprise-level projects. You will explore strategic planning and business systems analysis. You’ll also learn the fundamental processes for integrating teams and harnessing resources, identifying scope and adapting to change, managing budgets and expectations, and guiding projects to completion with qualitative results. This online certificate is intended for undergraduate students who want to expand their knowledge of IT project management essentials without committing to a degree program.
The curriculum for this online certificate is reviewed by an advisory council of industry experts for relevancy to today’s marketplace. Course topics include:
- Management information systems
- IT project management planning and processes
- Project management using MS Project
- The Internet’s impact on business, personal lives, and society
- Cyber laws and digital privacy
- Individual, group, and organizational issues of virtual management
In addition to the institutional and degree level learning objectives, graduates of this program are expected to achieve these learning outcomes:
- Appraise the principles and practices for organizing, allocating, and managing project resources.
- Analyze the project management framework, including the stakeholders, domains, phases, processes, integration, and lifecycle.
- Examine the potential complexities and pitfalls in initiating and closing projects; and assess methods to mitigate this risk.
- Appraise the unique challenges in managing the scope, time, and cost of information technology projects.
- Assess the principles, strategies, challenges, and measures for managing quality and risk on IT projects.
- Analyze the phases, procedures, deliverables, and best practices for business systems analysis.
- All undergraduate programs require a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent (i.e. GED).
- New undergraduate students may be asked to complete our College Readiness Assessment (ADMN100). If you have successfully completed 9 or more hours of college credit, you may reach out to your admission representative to inquire about waiving this requirement.
- If you have previous college experience, you will be asked to submit your transcripts from previous schools where you earned academic credit.
- There is no fee to complete our admission application. View steps to apply.
Selecting the right program to meet your educational goals is a key step in ensuring a successful outcome. If you are unsure of which program to choose, or need more information, please contact an admission representative at 877-777-9081 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Military-Affiliated Students* = $250/credit hour
All Other Students = $270/credit hour
*To help minimize out-of-pocket costs, we offer a tuition grant for U.S. active-duty servicemembers, Guard, Reserve, military spouses and dependents, and veterans that caps undergraduate tuition at the military TA limit. See all military-affiliated student benefits.
Paying for School
As an accredited university, we accept the following forms of financial aid and payments:
Ways to Save
Undergraduate Book Grant
Ebooks are provided at no cost if you are enrolled in undergraduate courses for credit. The undergraduate book grant is estimated to save $500 per academic semester if you are registered as a full-time student.
Accelerate your degree completion by taking full advantage of our transfer credit options, including credit for your previous college courses, military service schools, American Council on Education (ACE) and College Level Examination Program (CLEP) tests, and prior learning experiences.
The university has educational partnerships with many employers and associations. Be sure to accurately enter your employer information when you complete our admissions application. Your employer might also offer a tuition reimbursement plan as one of your benefits.