IT Project Management
The graduate certificate in IT Project Management examines how to manage IT projects in regard to cost, time, scope, quality, risk and people, so that projects come in on time and under budget. You will be taught methods for handling the simultaneous challenges of complex real-world IT projects, shrinking budgets, and shorter deadlines while learning strategic planning and business systems analysis.
The curriculum for this online certificate is reviewed by an advisory council of industry experts for relevancy to today’s marketplace. Course topics include:
- IT project management risks, tools, and techniques
- Project integration, scope, and time management
- Cost management and communications
- Human resources planning and development for IT project success
- Quality engineering and risk management
- Ebusiness project management
This online graduate certificate is intended for graduate students who seek to heighten their knowledge of information technology project management without committing to a degree program.
Note: This graduate certificate project has specific admission requirements. Please view the requirements below to be sure you qualify to apply for this program.
In addition to the institutional and general learning objectives, graduates of this program are expected to achieve these learning outcomes:
- Analyze the project management framework, including the stakeholders, domains, phases, processes, integration, and lifecycle.
- Examine the potential complexities and pitfalls in initiating and closing projects and assess methods to mitigate this risk.
- Appraise the unique challenges in managing the scope, time, and cost of information technology projects.
- Appraise the principles, practices, and models for organizing, allocating, and managing project resources.
- Examine the models, methods, principles, practices, and challenges pertaining to project cost management and analyze the principles of earned value management (EVM).
- Apply the qualitative and quantitative approaches of risk analysis to risk assessment and management.
- Examine the various tools, techniques, principles, and practices of quality control and quality assurance (QA/QC) programs.
- Examine the phases, methodologies, and processes in the ebusiness project lifecycle.
All graduate programs require you to have earned a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
For this program, you must provide an official transcript of your previously-completed bachelor's or master's degree and have ONE of the following:
- Associate or bachelor's degree in information technology or a related field (ex: computer science, information systems, database development, etc.)
- 2 years of work experience in the specific sub-field for this certificate
- Completion of one of our undergraduate IT certificates
- Completion of 6 upper-level (300-400) undergraduate credits in IT-related courses
- Completion of an IT-related minor or concentration during your undergraduate program
- Certification from CompTIA A+ (2010 – Present) or a combination of the following (must have two) CompTIA Network +, CompTIA Project +, CompTIA Security+ (all 2010-Present)
- A valid and current Project Management Professional certification from the Project Management Institute
- Completion of CISSP certification (valid up until the expiration date)
- If the IT-specific requirements are not noted in the official bachelor's or master's transcript, you must provide official copies of your undergraduate transcripts that show the appropriate coursework.
- The verification of the 2-years work experience needs to be sent to the university from your current/previous employer on company letterhead.
- Preadmission courses completed at the undergraduate level must be graded C or better; B or better at the graduate level.
An admissions representative will contact you via email or phone to assist you with the enrollment process, review your documentation, and to notify you when you have been admitted into the program and may register for courses.
Selecting the right program to meet your educational goals is a key step in ensuring a successful outcome. If you are unsure of which program to choose, or need more information, please contact an admission representative at 877-777-9081 or firstname.lastname@example.org.