Global Environmental Management
The graduate certificate in Global Environmental Management emphasizes environmental policy and management theory and practice on the global scale, while offering insight into the status of shared resources throughout the world. You will study environmental change, sustainable practices, emergency management, disaster planning and response, and political influences. Knowledge gained from these disciplines can be used to develop strategies for collaboration, negotiation, international agreement, national policy, and international diplomacy for addressing challenging global problems.
This online certificate is intended for graduate students who want to expand their knowledge of global environmental management without committing to a degree program.
The curriculum for this online program is reviewed by an advisory council of industry experts for relevancy to today’s marketplace. Course topics include:
- Emergency and disaster planning and management
- Environmental management issues, tools, and strategies
- Environmental policies, regulations, and laws
- Energy policy, sustainability, and decision making
- The history and politics of American and global environmentalism
- Global environmental and climate change
In addition to the institutional and general learning objectives, graduates of this program are expected to achieve these learning outcomes:
- Describe the social, economic, and political impacts of global environmental change and explain these influences on the practice of sustainability.
- Describe the temporal and spatial scales of global environmental change.
- Integrate complex interdisciplinary concepts affecting global change and influencing sustainability with traditional disciplinary boundaries in the natural and social sciences.
- Determine the factors that are directly or indirectly contributing to global environmental change.
- Critically analyze data presented in the debate on global environmental change and assess public policy implications.
- Critique community or government sustainability projects based upon currently available and emerging sustainable development practices and technology.
- All graduate programs require you to have earned a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- If you have a non-U.S. transcript, please view our International Admissions page for more information.
- There is no fee to complete our admission application. View steps to apply.
Selecting the right program to meet your educational goals is a key step in ensuring a successful outcome. If you are unsure of which program to choose, or need more information, please contact an admission representative at 877-777-9081 or email@example.com.
Per credit hour: $350 | $325 with military grant*
*To help minimize out-of-pocket costs, we offer a tuition grant for U.S. active-duty servicemembers, Guard, Reserve, military spouses and dependents, and veterans. See all military-affiliated student benefits.
Paying for School
As an accredited university, we accept the following forms of financial aid and payments:
Ways to Save
Accelerate your degree completion by taking full advantage of our transfer credit options, including credit for your previous college courses, military service schools, American Council on Education (ACE) and College Level Examination Program (CLEP) tests, and prior learning experiences.
The university has educational partnerships with many employers and associations. Be sure to accurately enter your employer information when you complete our admissions application. Your employer might also offer a tuition reimbursement plan as one of your benefits.