Real Estate Management
The undergraduate certificate in Real Estate Management is a concentrated program offering broad-based knowledge of core areas within the real estate field. This online certificate provides a good foundation in real estate topics including real estate law, property management, deeds and leases, insurance, marketing, and negotiation for both aspiring and current real estate professionals.
This online certificate is intended for undergraduate students who want to expand their knowledge of real estate management without committing to a degree program.
The curriculum for this online undergraduate certificate is reviewed by an advisory council of industry experts for relevancy to today’s marketplace. Course topics include:
- Real estate terms and concepts
- Real estate finance, including markets and structures
- Property appraisal methods, current trends, and property rights
- Role and functions of a property manager
- Legal regulations and technology’s effect on property management
- Real estate law, legal tools, and procedures
In addition to the institutional and degree level learning objectives, graduates of this program are expected to achieve these learning outcomes:
- Develop a foundational knowledge of management, development, and financing of real estate.
- Discuss the foundations of real property value and review the elements of the appraisal process – from the value definition to reconciliation and conclusion.
- All APU undergraduate programs require a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent (i.e. GED).
- New undergraduate students may be asked to complete our College Readiness Assessment (ADMN100). If you have successfully completed 9 or more hours of college credit, you may reach out to your APU admissions representative to inquire about waiving this requirement.
- If you have previous college experience, you will be asked to submit your transcripts from previous schools where you earned academic credit.
- There is no fee to complete the APU admission application. View steps to apply.
Selecting the right program to meet your educational goals is a key step in ensuring a successful outcome. If you are unsure of which program to choose, or need more information, please contact an APU admissions representative at 877-777-9081 or firstname.lastname@example.org.