Military Leadership Studies
The undergraduate certificate in Military Leadership Studies is a concentrated program which provides an overview of the organization of the U.S. military while focusing on leadership skills. This online program looks at the challenges of being a soldier in today’s modern military, and is tailored for enlisted students who wish to pursue careers in military leadership.
This online certificate is intended for undergraduate students who seek to heighten their knowledge of military leadership without committing to a degree program.
The curriculum for this online undergraduate certificate is reviewed by an advisory council of industry experts for relevancy to today’s marketplace. Course topics include:
- Military leadership history from ancient to present-day commanders
- Battles, training, morale, and effects on military objectives
- Small unit leadership traits, principles, and cases
- Roles and the capabilities and limitations of soldiers
- Enlisted leadership, conflicts, societal changes, and service changes
- Military ethics, morality, and decision making
In addition to the institutional and degree level learning objectives, graduates of this program are expected to achieve these learning outcomes:
- Examine the enlisted structure, small unit leadership, ethics, and organization of the U.S. military.
- Explore what it means to be a soldier and leader in today's military.
- All undergraduate programs require a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent (i.e. GED).
- New undergraduate students may be asked to complete our College Readiness Assessment (ADMN100). If you have successfully completed 9 or more hours of college credit, you may reach out to your admission representative to inquire about waiving this requirement.
- If you have previous college experience, you will be asked to submit your transcripts from previous schools where you earned academic credit.
- There is no fee to complete our admission application. View steps to apply.
Selecting the right program to meet your educational goals is a key step in ensuring a successful outcome. If you are unsure of which program to choose, or need more information, please contact an admission representative at 877-777-9081 or email@example.com.
Military-Affiliated Students* = $250/credit hour
All Other Students = $270/credit hour
*To help minimize out-of-pocket costs, we offer a tuition grant for U.S. active-duty servicemembers, Guard, Reserve, military spouses and dependents, and veterans that caps undergraduate tuition at the military TA limit. See all military-affiliated student benefits.
Paying for School
As an accredited university, we accept the following forms of financial aid and payments:
Ways to Save
Undergraduate Book Grant
Ebooks are provided at no cost if you are enrolled in undergraduate courses for credit. The undergraduate book grant is estimated to save $500 per academic semester if you are registered as a full-time student.
Accelerate your degree completion by taking full advantage of our transfer credit options, including credit for your previous college courses, military service schools, American Council on Education (ACE) and College Level Examination Program (CLEP) tests, and prior learning experiences.
The university has educational partnerships with many employers and associations. Be sure to accurately enter your employer information when you complete our admissions application. Your employer might also offer a tuition reimbursement plan as one of your benefits.