The undergraduate certificate in Employee Relations and Engagement focuses on organizational change, conflict resolution, motivation, and leadership. Today’s employers require skilled managers with business acumen, interpersonal communication, relationship management and cultural awareness skills. Knowledge gained in this program is useful in professions requiring an understanding of leading and navigating employees to success through the creation of engaged, proactive relationships throughout the organization.
In addition to the institutional and degree level learning objectives, graduates of this program are expected to achieve these learning outcomes:
- Identify employee relation strategies that prevent inappropriate or unlawful behavior in the workplace.
- Discuss how proactive employee relation strategies correlate to organizational success and increase employee morale.
- Describe how implementing a counseling/coaching/mentoring program encourages healthy relationships among leaders and followers as well as peer-to-peer encounters.
- Explore theories and concepts which explain how to gain acceptance and buy-in for change management initiatives within organizations.
- Construct a customized business unit model utilizing employee relation and engagement strategies to decrease employee turnover and improve employee communication.