Human Capital Leadership
The graduate certificate in Human Capital Leadership examines the processes, strategies, and practices used by companies and managers to effectively and efficiently leverage their human capital. This online certificate teaches you to evaluate critical information in order to make complex decisions and to implement new initiatives in a changing work environment. This online certificate is intended for graduate students who wish to further their knowledge in human capital leadership without committing to a degree program.
The curriculum for this online graduate certificate is reviewed by an advisory council of industry experts for relevancy to today’s marketplace. Course topics include:
- Policies and strategies for creating an effective workforce
- Workforce planning, staffing, and retention
- Organizational crisis management and communication
- Leadership skills to guide individual employees and teams
- Ethical workplace conflicts in the workplace
- Resolving dilemmas and unproductive behavior
In addition to the institutional and degree level learning objectives, graduates of this program are expected to achieve these learning outcomes:
- Evaluate human resource policies and practices that impact the hiring, development and retention of human capital within an organization.
- Create a shared vision and departmental objectives to empower direct reports and encourage collaboration among units to support the mission of the organization.
- Design a case study that addresses how an organization should respond to a crisis.
- Summarize the role of a leader in ensuring that direct reports have the opportunity to work in an ethical, safe and transparent environment.
- All graduate programs require you to have earned a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- If you have a non-U.S. transcript, please view our International Admissions page for more information.
- There is no fee to complete our admission application. View steps to apply.
Selecting the right program to meet your educational goals is a key step in ensuring a successful outcome. If you are unsure of which program to choose, or need more information, please contact an admission representative at 877-777-9081 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Per credit hour: $350 | $325 with military grant*
*To help minimize out-of-pocket costs, we offer a tuition grant for U.S. active-duty servicemembers, Guard, Reserve, military spouses and dependents, and veterans. See all military-affiliated student benefits.
Paying for School
As an accredited university, we accept the following forms of financial aid and payments:
Ways to Save
Accelerate your degree completion by taking full advantage of our transfer credit options, including credit for your previous college courses, military service schools, American Council on Education (ACE) and College Level Examination Program (CLEP) tests, and prior learning experiences.
The university has educational partnerships with many employers and associations. Be sure to accurately enter your employer information when you complete our admissions application. Your employer might also offer a tuition reimbursement plan as one of your benefits.