Bachelor of Arts
The Bachelor of Arts in Retail Management emphasizes both theoretical knowledge and the practical skills needed to effectively manage a variety of retail operations. This online bachelor’s degree will focus on interpersonal, managerial, human resource, leadership, communication, and the critical thinking skills necessary for success in the retail industry. Completion of this online program can help to propel your current career as a professional retail store manager, or to help you prepare for new retail management positions.
This program has been designed in consultation with industry business leaders and is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
The curriculum for this online bachelor’s program is regularly reviewed by an advisory council of industry experts for relevancy to today’s marketplace. Course topics include:
- Retail strategy, innovation, and operations
- Retail merchandising and its role in profitability
- Human resource concepts and best practices
- Management theories, principles, and historical development
- Strategic management and corporate decisions
- Organizational behavior and change
- Management ethics and communications
- Consumer behavior
- Transportation and supply chain management
In addition to the institutional and degree level learning objectives, graduates of this program are expected to achieve these learning outcomes:
- Apply the principles and theories of planning, organizing, staffing, directing, leading, and controlling in retail management used by successful retailers in today’s global economy.
- Assess the importance of retail strategy formulation and strategic perspectives of retail management on the impact of retailing in the global economy.
- Deconstruct the impact of innovation within the retail industry to include its challenges and solution-driven strategies to remain current with today’s ever-changing technologies.
- Evaluate retail operations to include successful implementation strategies and operational processes that maximize store profits.
- Summarize and assess retail merchandising operations in the competitive marketplace in relation to corporate profitability.
- All APU undergraduate programs require a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent (i.e. GED).
- New undergraduate students may be asked to complete our College Readiness Assessment (ADMN100). If you have successfully completed 9 or more hours of college credit, you may reach out to your APU admissions representative to inquire about waiving this requirement.
- If you have previous college experience, you will be asked to submit your transcripts from previous schools where you earned academic credit.
- There is no fee to complete the APU admission application. View steps to apply.
Selecting the right program to meet your educational goals is a key step in ensuring a successful outcome. If you are unsure of which program to choose, or need more information, please contact an APU admissions representative at 877-777-9081 or email@example.com.
Per credit hour: $270 | $250 with military grant*
*To help minimize out-of-pocket costs, APU offers a tuition grant for U.S. active-duty servicemembers, Guard, Reserve, military spouses and dependents, and veterans that caps undergraduate tuition at the military TA limit. See all military-affiliated student benefits.
Paying for School
Because our university is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC), (the same as the Ohio State University, Univ. of Chicago, and U.S. Air Force Academy, to name a few), we can accept the following forms of financial aid and payments:
Ways to Save
Undergraduate Book Grant
Ebooks are provided at no cost if you are enrolled in undergraduate courses for credit. The undergraduate book grant is estimated to save $250 per academic semester if you are registered as a full-time student.
Accelerate your degree completion by taking full advantage of our transfer credit options, including credit for your previous college courses, military service schools, American Council on Education (ACE) and College Level Examination Program (CLEP) tests, and prior learning experiences.
APU has educational partnerships with many employers and associations. Be sure to accurately enter your employer information when you complete our admissions application. Your employer might also offer a tuition reimbursement plan as one of your benefits.