Associate of Arts
The American Public University's online associate degree in Business Administration serves as a general introduction to education and business fundamentals and further develops the skills you’ll need for an entry-level position in business or government. You’ll study basic finance, management, marketing, and leadership concepts while increasing your written communication and computer skills in this online program. You may also apply credits earned in APU's associate degree toward the completion of a business administration bachelor’s degree or related business program.
This associate degree in Business Administration has been designed in consultation with industry business leaders and is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
The curriculum for this online degree program is reviewed by an advisory council of industry experts for relevancy to today’s marketplace. Course topics include:
- Basic accounting standards, practices, and issues
- Financial accounting statement creation and interpretation
- American and global business systems, departments, and factors
- Business writing and communication
- Principles of supervision and leadership techniques
- Marketing fundamentals such as planning, target audiences, and competition tactics
- Business solution development using the web and software tools
- Productivity software such as Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
Skills gained in this program are helpful if you wish to pursue the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Word 2013 certification.
In addition to the institutional and degree level learning objectives, graduates of this program are expected to achieve these learning outcomes:
- Use skills in oral and written communication as well as mathematics, relevant general education coursework, and specific business knowledge in the basics of accounting, economics, management, and marketing.
- Discuss the basic business principles and operations, including management, marketing, and finance.
- Apply critical thinking, problem solving, and team-building skills in a business management environment.
- Examine basic tools for managing in organizations based on a fundamental knowledge of both individual and organizational behavior.
- All undergraduate programs require a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent (i.e. GED).
- New undergraduate students may be asked to complete our College Readiness Assessment (ADMN100). If you have successfully completed 9 or more hours of college credit, you may reach out to your admission representative to inquire about waiving this requirement.
- If you have previous college experience, you will be asked to submit your transcripts from previous schools where you earned academic credit.
- There is no fee to complete our admission application. View steps to apply.
Selecting the right program to meet your educational goals is a key step in ensuring a successful outcome. If you are unsure of which program to choose, or need more information, please contact an admission representative at 877-777-9081 or email@example.com.
Military-Affiliated Students* = $250/credit hour
All Other Students = $270/credit hour
*To help minimize out-of-pocket costs, we offer a tuition grant for U.S. active-duty servicemembers, Guard, Reserve, military spouses and dependents, and veterans that caps undergraduate tuition at the military TA limit. See all military-affiliated student benefits.
Paying for School
As an accredited university, we accept the following forms of financial aid and payments:
Ways to Save
Undergraduate Book Grant
Ebooks are provided at no cost if you are enrolled in undergraduate courses for credit. The undergraduate book grant is estimated to save $500 per academic semester if you are registered as a full-time student.
Accelerate your degree completion by taking full advantage of our transfer credit options, including credit for your previous college courses, military service schools, American Council on Education (ACE) and College Level Examination Program (CLEP) tests, and prior learning experiences.
The university has educational partnerships with many employers and associations. Be sure to accurately enter your employer information when you complete our admissions application. Your employer might also offer a tuition reimbursement plan as one of your benefits.