AH&LA Educational Institute and APU support your success through education.
Helping you reach your goals is our shared priority.
American Public University (APU) is proud to partner with the Educational Institute, which is the non-profit training arm of the American Hotel & Lodging Association (AH&LA). The Educational Institute has been a provider of resources to the industry for 60 years.
- Business Administration: A.A., BBA, MBA
- Hospitality Management: B.A.
- Information Technology: B.S., M.S.
- Management: A.A., B.A., M.A.
- Retail Management: A.A., B.A., Certificate: Undergraduate
- Security Management: B.A., M.A., Certificate: Undergraduate, Graduate
- Transportation & Logistics Management: B.A., M.A.
Benefits for AH&LA Educational Institute
APU shares the Educational Institute's desire to provide quality education to hospitality professionals seeking to continue their education, and through this partnership, the Certified Hotel Administrator (CHA®) designation has been awarded academic credit within APU. If you hold your Certified Hotel Administrator (CHA®)* designation in good standing, you can apply to receive course credits at APU for the following programs:
- Up to 6 undergraduate credit hours towards a B.A. in Hospitality Management for these courses:
- HOSP100- Introduction to Hospitality Management
- HOSP206 - Introduction to Lodging Management
- Up to 3 graduate credit hours towards:
- M.A. in Management (general concentration)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA general concentration)
- Book grant: textbooks and/or ebooks are provided at no charge to students earning undergraduate academic credit.
- Access to a dedicated strategic partnerships admissions team.
Note: Grants cannot be applied retroactively.
*For more information on the CHA, Certified Guest Service Professional (CGSP), and other American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute offerings, please visit www.ahlei.org
How to Qualify for Benefits
Future students: Select American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute as your membership or affiliation when you complete our admissions application.
Current students: Confirm that American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute is listed under the Membership/Association category in your university records
IT'S EASY TO APPLY. GET STARTED NOW.
Tuition Per Credit (with partner benefits)
- Undergraduate: $256.50
- Graduate: $332.50
- *Military Undergraduate: $250
- *Military Graduate: $325
*We offer our military-affiliated students a tuition grant that caps undergraduate tuition at $250/credit hour (military TA limit) and graduate tuition at $325/credit hour. This grant is for U.S. active-duty servicemembers, Guard, Reserve, military spouses and dependents, and veterans.
Jennifer Lawson leads the Strategic Relations Admissions Team whose members are here to answer all educational partnership questions.
Watch and Learn More
Welcome to APU | We're Here to Help!